Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Recommendation: "Literary Obama"

Several weeks ago I wrote my first book review for Reflecting Obama. My plans are to write another one as soon as I've finished Gwen Ifill's The Breakthrough.

If you are interested in following Obama in the literary world, you don't need to wait for me to get through my reading list. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a blog that dedicates itself entirely to Obama in the written word. When I first visited Literary Obama, Qiana Whitted's beautifully organized blog, I found myself scrolling from top to bottom and from page to page, savoring one morsel after another.

Qiana states that Literary Obama is "about President Barack Obama and the creative works that he inspires (or that have inspired him). My goal is simply to keep track of original writing by notable authors and everyday citizens as well as book reviews and essays, links, quotes, videos, and photographs that celebrate our 44th President’s love of reading. When possible, I also hope to include literary news about our First Lady Michelle Obama and their daughters, Malia and Sasha."

A university professor, Qiana writes in a clear, yet enjoyable fashion. Her articles are intelligently written and regularly vary in their topics.

Some of Literary Obama's recent posts include the following titles:
I feel very lucky to have found Literary Obama. I'll be returning on a regular basis, especially since I've already added it to my Google Reader RSS feed. I'm also following Qiana on Twitter. In addition, she invites her readers to find out what she's reading on Goodreads. I suggest you take her up on her offer!

One thing is certain, when you're hungry for information about our new president that goes beyond the usual punditry, head on over to Qiana Whitted's Literary Obama.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate your kind review of the blog. And I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about Gwen Ifill's book. I've only had the chance to flip through a few chapters myself. I can barely keep up with all these publications. All the best, - Q.

    ReplyDelete

Click in the box to begin.