Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Obama's Press Conference: Chuck Todd's Stupid Question

Usually, I post here first and then cross post at Daily Kos. This evening I did the reverse. I knew I'd get quick feedback at Daily Kos, so I started there. This is my diary, as it's called on that site, and if you'd like to see the comments that the Kos community added, you may go here.

With a few additional points, here is my response to MSNBC's Chuck Todd's stupid question during President Obama's Press Conference:

As Chris Matthews said, the reporters were "zombies" during the Obama news conference tonight.

And there was none "stupider" (my academic term) than Chuck Todd.

After a lot of lead up to Chuck's asking a question that had been solicited from "the public," all he could come up with was a question that compared the economic crisis to "war" and asked the American public for sacrifice.

Who asked this question? I was enraged with it.

Obama answered by stating that the American people, especially the military, have sacrificed an awful lot already.

It was a good answer.

If we're in this war, however, it's the economy against us! Americans suffer and sacrifice each and every day. How can we be asked to sacrifice more when we are the victims?!

Sacrifice? Give me a damn break. Get us out of this "war" and I will then make whatever "sacrifice" is requested.

Americans have lost their jobs, homes and health insurance, and Chuck is asking them to give up more?

I wonder what Chuck had in mind - something he'd be willing to give up? Where does he live? How much does he make? What kind of health insurance does he have to protect his family?

Give it up, Chuck. Once you make the sacrifice your talking about for this "war," then come back and see if you have the gall to ask that same question.

2 comments:

  1. I am so disappointed with Chuck Todd. He was one of my favorite journalists during the election, especially when it came to unpacking the poll numbers and stats, but I don't think he's very good as a reporter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I enjoyed his number crunching, but his reporting insights are few and far between. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Click in the box to begin.